UWI-ROYTEC offers employment opportunities within our administrative offices and teaching faculty.
(6 month contract)
The Job: To assist in the research process through the gathering of data to measure institutional effectiveness in achieving its vision and mission. The Institutional Research and Planning Assistant conducts surveys of the organizational stakeholders (current and prospective students, staff, faculty and employers of graduates) with the purpose of informing the strategic planning process.
The primary responsibilities would include:
- Provide administrative and research support.
- Maintain and update the project management schedules for varying projects.
- Assist in the creation and dissemination of institutional survey instruments
- Assist in the management and conduct of annual student and employer surveys under the remit of the department including but not limited to the distribution of surveys, collection and compilation of data, data entry into statistical software, analysis of data and generation of associated reports.
- Assist in secondary research and research for policy planning.
- Prepare reports and presentation as necessary
- Receive and process requests from external regulatory agencies
- Perform administrative duties such as but not limited to, taking minutes in meetings etc.
- Participate as a project team member in cross functional projects.
- Any other duties as deemed necessary.
The ideal candidate should possess:
- An Associate degree in Social Sciences
- Knowledge of conducting surveys would be an asset
- Knowledge of/experience with statistical analysis software such as SPSS
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite with an emphasis on Excel
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong customer focus
Applying for Vacancies
Applications for vacancies may be submitted to:
The Manager - Human Resources
UWI School of Business and Applied Studies Limited (trading as ROYTEC)
136-138 Henry Street
PORT OF SPAIN