If you are looking for our fee list please see the following page: Fees
Tuition fees for qualifying nationals of Trinidad and Tobago are covered under the Government Assistance for Tertiary Expenses (GATE) programme. Undergraduate programmes are covered at 100% of tuition fees and post-graduate programmes are covered at 50% of tuition fees up to a maximum of $10,000.
In order to apply for GATE funding, students must first register for the GATE eService ID by reporting with your Original Documents (Electronic Birth Certificate, National Identification Card or Passport) to any of the various ttconnect Service Centre sites around Trinidad and Tobago; St. James, Chaguanas, Arima, Princes Town, Tunapuna and Bon Accord.
- Scan onto a memory key (at home or at UWI-ROYTEC's Henry Street, Ground Floor Computer Laboratory) the following documents for submitting the application:
- Birth Certificate with supporting affidavit (if necessary)
- National Identification Card or Passport (at least one of the two)
- Marriage / Divorce Certificate (for married / divorce student)
- Deed Poll (for name change)
- Latest Grade Slip or Transcript (for continuing student pursuing the same programme)
- Acceptance Letter from Institution (for new / continuing student)
- Certificate of the previous Completed Programme (for continuing student pursuing a new programme)
- Copy of Receipt for evidence of payment for your portion of tuition fees (for post-graduate students)
- After registering with the GATE officer check your email over the following two (2) days for Account Activation Instructions from the GATE eService office. Complete your account activation by clicking on the link in the email.
- After creating your GATE eService account, apply for GATE Funding via the GATE eService (by completing the online GATE application form and uploading the scanned information). This process will take approximately 10-15 minutes to complete.
- Print a copy of student application form, sign and submit to the CSR counter at UWI-ROYTEC.
- You are required to constantly check your GATE Clearance status to ensure that Clearance for GATE Funding is approved promptly.
St. James NALIS Public Library
31 Church Street
Trinidad, West Indies
Tel. (868) 622-7254
Fax. (868) 628-2960
Princes Town NALIS Public Library
2A St James Street
Trinidad West Indies
Tel. (868) 655-6015
Fax. (868) 655-5006
1st Floor, Pennywise Building
10 - 10A Devenish Street
Trinidad, West Indies
Tel. (868) 667-4465
Fax. (868) 667-7053
Tel. (868) 672-5858
Fax. (868) 671-5196
2nd Floor, 107 Eastern Main Road
Trinidad, West Indies
Tel. (868) 662-6447
Fax. (868) 663-6517
Milford Court Complex
Tobago, West Indies
Service Centres located in Arima, Bon Accord Tobago, Chaguanas and Tunapuna are open to the public from 7:30 am to 6:30 pm Monday to Friday, and Saturday from 8:00 am to 12:00 noon, except on public holidays.
Service Centres located in Princes Town and St James (located at the NALIS libraries) are open to the public from 8:30 am to 6:00 pm Monday to Friday, and Saturday from 8:30 am to 12:00 noon, except on public holidays
For further information on GATE eService please see the following links:
Students can obtain financial assistance for tertiary-level education through the Higher Education Loan Programme (HELP). HELP is a special soft loan facility made available through the Ministry of Tertiary Education and Skills Training (MTEST) that can help cover the following expenses:
- Tuition fees.
- Accommodation expenses.
- Airfare and other transportation costs.
- Personal maintenance costs and living expenses.
- Books and related materials.
- Special equipment costs.
- Other related tertiary education expenses.
Students must take the completed HELP application form and a Letter of Acceptance from UWI-ROYTEC to the loan department of a participating commercial bank. Forms are available at the Student Welfare Office.
UWI-ROYTEC may assist students whose individual financial circumstances prevent them from affording the non-tuition cost of attending classes. Students’ grants are subject to a review and evaluation of the student’s ongoing financial status and academic performance. The fund may award grants based on demonstrated financial need, GPA and involvement in UWI-ROYTEC.