Bachelor of Education Degree for Primary School Teachers
Prepare for an exciting career in Primary School Education as:
The variety and flexibility of the Bachelor of Education (Elementary) Degree programme allows you to make a healthy investment in your future. You will be taught by an internationally renowned faculty, who will provide a strong set of learning and teaching skills rooted in a broad and liberal education system. Graduates grom this programme will be ready to continue a professional career and broaden their professional expertise through continuing study. They will be competent and confident in carrying out their duties to make Primary schooling the bedrock of the Education system in Trinidad and Tobago.
The B.Ed. is awarded by the University of New Brunswick (UNB), Canada and conducted via Distance Learning utilizing the World Wide Web. It is supported by a series of intense workshops facilitated by UNB Professors, local tutors from UWI-ROYTEC and special assistance from programme mentors.
- Basic English
- History, Philosophy and Sociology of Education
- Foundations in Mathematics
- Caribbean History
- General Science
- Art Education
- School Law
- Educational Psychology
- Assessment in Education
- Aesthetics in Education
- Social Studies and Citizenship Education
- Mathematics in Elementary Education
- Science in Elementary School
- Inclusive Education
- Cultural Constructions of Childhood
- Curriculum and Evaluation in the Early Years
- Orientation to Counseling
- Learning with Technology
- Personal Growth and Helping
- Teachers employed in primary schools with either their Teachers' Training Diploma or Certificate in Inclusive Education, Early Childhood Care and Education, Montessori and Primary School Education.
- Graduates with Five (5) CSEC passes inclusive of Mathematics, English and a Science subject.
It is also essential that you have access to a computer with high speed internet connection.
This Programme of Study is Recognised by the Accreditation Council of Trinidad and Tobago.
- Click here to contact our Marketing Team
- Speak with the B.Ed. Programme Coordinator by calling 1(868)225-1299 ext. 2180