Diploma in Real Estate Brokerage
Prepare yourself for a career in Real Estate Brokerage, Mortgaging or Property Appraisal services.
This Diploma in Real Estate Brokerage is a unique combination of theory and practice that aims to develop the professional competencies of practitioners in the real estate industry.
The programme will certify individuals who have attained the requisite academic and technical knowledge, and possess the professional standards of conduct appropriate for certification as a real estate broker.
The programme is targeted specifically at individuals who are engaged in Real Estate practice, Banking and Mortgage Services, Property Appraisal and Brokerage services. Individuals interested in a career in Real Estate Management will also be considered.
- To provide individuals with the technical, legal, technological and managerial knowledge needed to conduct the business of real estate brokerage.
- To familiarize individuals with the theories, principles and contemporary issues involved in the sale, purchase, lease, ownership, transfer of real estate from the contractual, financial and agency perspectives of real estate transactions.
- To expose individuals to fundamental concepts of real estate valuation, finance, investment, brokerage management including closing statements and how these activities are linked with external agencies such as banks, government departments and investors.
- To provide individuals with an appreciation of ethical responsibilities and principles of professional conduct relevant to the business of real estate locally, regionally and globally.
- To equip individuals with an understanding of the increasingly sophisticated needs of commercial clients and customers and the rudiments of the changing real estate industry locally, regionally and globally.
- To introduce individuals to the fundamentals of financial planning in the context of real estate operations and investments.
The aim of the programme is to prepare individuals to become professional Real Estate Brokers. A broker is defined as a party who provides technical advice and acts as an intermediary between sellers and buyers of real estate.
- Technology Applications for Real Estate Brokerage
- Financial Planning
- Fundamentals of Business Organizations
- Professional Real Estate Brokerage
- Principles of Real Estate Law
- Principles of Appraisal and Real Estate Valuation
- Principles of Property Management
- Principles of Mortgage Financing
- Real Estate Investment Analysis
All courses are compulsory. There are no elective courses.
- A minimum of five CXC passes, (General Proficiency) Grades I and II (Grade III accepted from June 1998 onwards) or five GCE O'Level passes, Grades A, B and C (or equivalent) including English Language and Mathematics; and
- Successful completion of the UWI-ROYTEC/AREA Certificate Course in Real Estate Sales.
Individuals may also be considered on the basis of their work experience in Real Estate, relevant training and educational background as deemed equivalent by UWI-ROYTEC's Admissions Committee. Applicants may be subject to an interview.
This Programme of Study is Recognised by the Accreditation Council of Trinidad and Tobago.