All UWI-ROYTEC classrooms are equipped with computer systems, internet connectivity and multimedia projectors to enhance your classroom experience. Please be reminded that these facilities are intended for Lecturer use and may be used by students only in the presence of a designated course Lecturer.
Two teaching labs are located on the first and second floors respectively of the Henry Street, Port-of-Spain campus. One additional teaching lab is located at the South Campus at Naparima College, San Fernando. All teaching labs are equipped with modern computers and a high-speed internet connection.
The Henry Street campus also offers a general purpose Student Lab with internet access and software in line with that used in the teaching labs. Professional quality printing is available at the Library for a fee. Unless otherwise stated, the Student Lab opening hours are indicated below:
|Mondays to Fridays||8:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.|
|Saturdays||8:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.|
|Sundays||8:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.|
Where students require use of Labs beyond the official opening hours for school related work, students will be facilitated by completing a Lab Request Form from the front office. This form must be completed stating the date, time and reason for the use of the Lab, along with Names and ID numbers of the student/s making the request.
Kiosk computers are also available in the foyer of the North and South Campus locations for internet access.
The following rules apply when using the UWI-ROYTEC computer lab facilities:
- No food or drinks are allowed in the Labs.
- No unauthorised downloads are permitted, e.g. music, software, etc.
- No unauthorised hardware or software may be installed in the Labs.
- No games are allowed in the Labs.
- No group sessions are to be held in the Labs.
- No loud music is permitted in the Labs.
- Excessive noise will not be tolerated in the Labs.
- All internet usage is expected to follow a programme of study at UWI-ROYTEC.
- All data must be saved on personal media, e.g. USB flash drives as all data on Lab machines will be erased on restart.
- Workstations are to be left clean and tidy after use.
- All Applications are to be closed after use.
- No piece of equipment must be moved or tampered with.
- Any malfunction or damage to equipment must be reported to the IT Department immediately.
- Students are required to wear their Student ID cards at all times.
The Lab facilities are monitored and failure to adhere to Lab Rules constitute a breach in academic regulations.
Wireless internet access is available at both the North and South Campus. To use the service, simply connect to the "Green Dot Free Wifi" network that appears on the available networks list of your device.
Note: If you are seeking to access the Online Student Administration System, Student Resource Centre or Email Service, please view our Access Online Services page. Official communication such as academic notices, class resources, financial and scholarship information, student newsletter and development or employment opportunities are emailed to your UWI-ROYTEC issued email account.